What does Earnest do?
Earnest is a simple record keeping iPhone app that lets you track income and expense, works out profit and provides basic tax estimations for how much you’ll have to pay.
Who is Earnest for?
If you’re self employed, a business start up, sub-contractor or a small business with a turnover under £70,000 then Earnest is right for your business.
How much does it cost?
Earnest is totally free to use for everyone! Yay!
Can I export my data?
Yes, you can back up your data by email at any time. Receipt images are backed up through iTunes or iCloud if that’s been set up.
What if I’m on the Construction Industry Scheme?
No problem. Earnest lets you record CIS deductions on sales you’ve made and adjusts tax calculations accordingly.
What happens if I outgrow Earnest?
Can I use Earnest if I’m outside the UK?
Earnest is linked to the UK tax system so it’s only suitable for people within the UK.
Here's a handy list of what Earnest can do!
- Record income and expenses
- See your bottom line profit or loss
- Get estimates on how much tax you owe
- See upcoming tax deadlines and dates with your "Tax To-do" list
- Capture and store image receipts using your iPhone camera
- Alerts for important tax dates and as you near the VAT Threshold
- Categorise transactions by payment method
- Record cash and non-cash transactions
- Add notes to entries
- Record CIS deductions made on income
- Back up your data by email